Trump on When to Open the Economy: I Hope to God I Make the Right Decision

Category:  News

Via:  tig  •  4 years ago  •  1 comments

By:   Katie Pavlich (Townhall)

Trump on When to Open the Economy: I Hope to God I Make the Right Decision
.04/10/2020 21:33:48PM EST.

This seed is an example of how authors can screw things up.   The Quote (above) is pulled from the metadata section of the article.   The author, instead of summarizing the article, just plugged in the date and time.   

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

44384266-8af9-4185-bebc-390f142f688a.png Katie Pavlich | @KatiePavlich | Posted: Apr 10, 2020 4:30 PM Share Tweet 4ff02a46-c9da-4ec3-9884-be02dae2ba65.jpg

Source: (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik)

Speaking to reporters at the White House Friday afternoon, President Trump gave additional details about a new council dedicated to reopening the economy.

"We're setting up a council of very very great doctors and business people. We're going to be announcing it on Tuesday. Some great people. This is beyond economic. I call it our Opening Our Country task force or council," Trump said. "We're going to have a great group of people."

Trump says next Tuesday he will announce the members of an "Opening Our Country Council," which will touch on economic issues https://t.co/9T8aUPjUrs pic.twitter.com/lcHhfIKQEJ
— CBS News (@CBSNews) April 10, 2020

President Trump explained meetings will be held by teleconference to avoid travel. The council will be made up of individuals from a number of different sectors and locations across the country.

"I want to get it open as soon as possible," Trump said. "I would love to open it, I have not determined anything. The facts are going to determine what I do."

Near the end of the daily Wuhan coronavirus task force briefing President Trump said he is proud of the decisions made to keep people from contracting the disease. He also stressed he believes two million Americans may have died if the task force hadn't made decisions to close businesses and implement social distancing measures.

"This is the biggest decision of my life," Trump said about the timing on opening the economy while balancing public health implications.

541e044e-c5ca-46d7-95c8-22f874c9555f.jpg Recommended Trump Wrecks CNN's Jim Acosta For Accusing Him of 'Happy Talk' Katie Pavlich

"The American people have been so disciplined. It's been my honor to be their President. I've said it before, I'll say it again, I'll say it always. It's been my great honor to have been their President and I have a big decision coming up and I only hope to God that it's the right decision. It'll be based on input from a lot of very talented people, a lot of smart people and people who love our country," he concluded.

Tags

jrDiscussion - asc
[]

TiG
1  seeder  TiG    4 years ago

Garbage in ... garbage out.